[Interview] SPUNKY IN YOUR FACE

spunky

Can't make spagetti
Did anyone ask how you met you husband? If not how did you meet your husband?
no, no one had. well... it's a little bit of an interesting story that one. my husband's also mexican but he was already living in Canada by the time we met. he was travelling to mexico for a wedding and he found my profile on a gay dating website and was intrigued because he said the picture i had on my profile resembled a bandmember he used to produce, so he was curious about whether i was him or not and decided to contact me. in the meantime, i was just killing time on a friday afternoon waiting to go out with a friend of mine to watch a movie. my now husband invited me over for dinner and i declined (by this time we had exchanged MSN contacts when MSN was the hot thing to be on). as fate may have it, my friend had a car malfunction and she had to cancel which meant my friday plans were ruined. so i went back on the computer just to find that my now husband was seconds from logging off (he had found another date) but the moment he saw me back asked me if i was still up for dinner. i said yes, so he blew off person #2 and we went together for dinner. fast-forward 9 years and here we are :)

spunky

Can't make spagetti
i was talking to Dason and pretty much assured him that there was a picture of my dog here...only to realize there isn't any! D:

so i'm necromancing this thread to add one.

her name is Dama. we found her in the streets of Mexico City. she followed us home for like 30mins so we just decided to take her in and figured out how to get her to Canada.

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Your dog is probably pissed how cold it is in Canada. We took in a stray cat from new Orleans and it was always cold when we moved north.

Cute pic.

spunky

Can't make spagetti
i think she's just old... seriously guys, sometimes A CIGAR IS JUST A CIGAR :p (<--- gosh! i had been waiting to use that phrase for SO LONG)

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Beautiful dog. For how poor you say you are, that view looks amazing! I guess "poor Canadian" isn't so bad compared to "middle-class American" :p

When was the last Interview thread we had?

spunky

Can't make spagetti
thank you! Dama says "hello!" (i think...)

For how poor you say you are, that view looks amazing! I guess "poor Canadian" isn't so bad compared to "middle-class American" :p
well.... ok, yeah. i mean, if we go into the specifics i am wealthy but i am just wealthy because (a) i come from a rich family and (b) i married a rich man. but i don't think that really counts because i didn't earn any of that money, it was just given to me by virtue of who i am, not because of what i do. i want to EARN my living with my talent and i think i have enough talent to at least make it to "middle-class". and if that's not good enough then i'll just work harder...and harder...and harder.

ps- can i be your friend now? :)

noetsi

No cake for spunky
Most wealth in the US is inherited as well.

Earning your income is such a 19th century concept. And you call yourself an academic :(

spunky

Can't make spagetti
Most wealth in the US is inherited as well.

Earning your income is such a 19th century concept. And you call yourself an academic :(
well... currently i'm making my $$$ through my online business. academia only pays me $800/month :(

but i reject the idea of wealth concentration. although we're nowhere near Bill Gates & Warren Buffet, my husband & i have pledged to give away all of our properties, holdings, investments, etc. before we die. we don't have children so we might as well help other people's children build a better future.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
@BG We have a toaster in our kitchen and Spunky is correct. They make excellent toast. If you've never tried toast it's delicious.

noetsi

No cake for spunky
With correct rewiring it could be used as a death ray (if it is a microwave version anyhow).

The Cylons were called toasters by the Colonial Warriars (the metal versions anyhow). Maybe spunky and dason bot aren't so far apart anyway.