need help in analysing my multiple choice test SPSS

Hello everyone,
like mentioned in my title, i need help for choosing the right statistic procedure for my online multiple choice test.
i need road map or something to refer to for my study.
any information can be helpful.
thank you.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
So maybe you should describe your study first (research question, study design, sample size, variables and their measurement).

With kind regards

Karabiner

my study concerns the behaviours and practices of teachers during the period of correction of exams, i administered a questionnaire with multiple choice questions on the opinions of teachers, the respondents are teachers, the variables are the questions asked, my data are in SPSS. after some reading on the subject i found that i must first test the validity and reliability of my questionnaire by calculating cronbach's alpha, do i have to do other tests and which ones, and what is the next step?
thank you

Karabiner

TS Contributor
So each teacher recived a number of multiple choice questions,
and they could check more than one answer to each question?
Do you have an example for such a question and its answering
options?
my study concerns the behaviours and practices of teachers during the period of correction of exams,
Ok, that is the topic of your study. Which specific research questions
do you want to answer with your data? And how large is the sample
size?

With kind regards

Karabiner

yes each teacher received a number of multiple choice questions and they could check just one answer to each questions
this is an example of a question : Do you take into consideration the presentation of your students' papers when marking them?
it's answering options are : yes / no , most of the questions have the same answering options.
i have coded these options in SPSS yes : 1 and No: 2 for each question
I want to know if there are relationships between the questions asked (the variables) and if one variable influences another variable.
each question is a research question for which I want to get as much information as possible about the relationships between these questions (variables)
the sample size is 100
thank you

Karabiner

TS Contributor
yes each teacher received a number of multiple choice questions and they could check just one answer to each questions
this is an example of a question : Do you take into consideration the presentation of your students' papers when marking them?
it's answering options are : yes / no , most of the questions have the same answering options.
A yes/no question is NOT a multiple choice question, Participants have just one choice,
the choice between yes and no. It is logically not possibe to answer "yes" AND "no" at
the same time.
I want to know if there are relationships between the questions asked (the variables) and if one variable influences another variable.
You could analyse relationships between yes/no questions for example by crosstabulation.
In SPSS: Analyse -> Descriprive statistics -> crosstabs. There are several additional options
in that procedure (for example, Chi² test of statistical significance; Phi coefficients for
expressing the strength of association).
You could also use the SPSS "reliability" procedure for displaying associations between the items.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Last edited: