PDF Stats =/

The number of vehicles leaving a turnpike at a certain exit during a particular time period has approximately a normal distribution with mean value 400 and standard deviation 75. Determine the proabilities below. (Round all answers to four decimal places.)

(a) What is the probability that the number of cars exiting during this period is at least 475?

(b) What is the probability that the number of cars exiting during this period is strictly between 350 and 500? (Strictly means that the values 350 and 500 are not included.)

(c) What is the probability that the number of cars exiting during this period is between 350 and 500 (inclusive)?

Dragan

Super Moderator
The number of vehicles leaving a turnpike at a certain exit during a particular time period has approximately a normal distribution with mean value 400 and standard deviation 75. Determine the proabilities below. (Round all answers to four decimal places.)

(a) What is the probability that the number of cars exiting during this period is at least 475?

(b) What is the probability that the number of cars exiting during this period is strictly between 350 and 500? (Strictly means that the values 350 and 500 are not included.)

(c) What is the probability that the number of cars exiting during this period is between 350 and 500 (inclusive)?
brietle5: We don't just supply answers to homework questions when you show no effort, whatsoever, on your part...,Mkay.

sorry, im just completely lost with this question, an explanation to it would be great. i missed a ton of schooling and i was assigned this as part of my homework. it would be great for some help.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
sorry, im just completely lost with this question, an explanation to it would be great. i missed a ton of schooling and i was assigned this as part of my homework. it would be great for some help.
Even at that we'd like to see some work. We've all been in your situation before and it can be frustrating we know. But you've had to at least attempted the problems. What parts are giving you troubles exactly? What have you attempted to do so far? Have you read your book? Which part didn't you get?

Reading this could help you in the future too. Thanks.

Last edited: