please help me

kavi

Hey Guys I kind of need help with these questions would really appreciate it

1.)When the assumption of sphericity is violated, correction procedures such as Greenhouse-Geisser...

Select one:
a. adjust the SS(between) value
b. adjust the SS(within) value
c. make it less likely that my F value will be significant
d. adjust the SS(total) value

2.) Given df=2 and df=144, which of the following F-values corresponds to the largest ratio of variance explained by the independent variable relative to unexplained variance?

Select one:
a. 39.00
b. 5.89
c. 38.67
d. 45.20

3.)the correlations between the three levels of my independent variable are .20, .24, and .78. It is likely that...

Select one:
a. My Mauchly's sphericity test has a p value of > .05
b. I have violated the assumption of sphericity
c. Actual correlations between groups are close to zero
d. I will need to run more participants to increase all of my correlations

4.)By using the same people across different levels of my independent variable...

Select one:
a. random error variance can be separated from individual differences
b. all of these options are correct
c. my obtained F value is likely to increase
d. more of my within groups variance will be explained relative to the same experimental design conducted using a between subjects design

5.)If I wanted to increase the proportion of variance accounted for in the dependent variable (DV) by the independent variable (IV), I would be best advised to...

Select one:
a. use a stronger manipulation of my IV
b. only decrease my sample size
c. increase my sample size while leaving the strength of my manipulation of the IV unchanged
d. none of these options

6.)A large negative correlation between two variables would indicate that...

Select one:
a. large values on one variable tend to go with large values on the other variable
b. knowing the value of one variable tells you very little about the value on the other variable
c. Mauchly's test of sphericity will likely be violated
d. large values on one variable tend to go with small values on the other variable

7.)The group means across my manipulation of an independent variable are 7,7.05 and 7.11. This means that...

Select one:
a. SS(within) will be large
b. SS(within) will be close to zero
c. SS(between) will be close to zero
d. SS(total) will be close to zero

8.)SS(total) can be roughly defined as...

Select one:
a. the mean squared deviation of the each person in the sample from the total sample mean
b. the variance due to the independent variable
c. none of these options
d. the mean difference between levels of the independent variable

spunky

Can't make spagetti
Hi! :welcome: We are glad that you posted here! This looks like a homework question though. Our homework help policy can be found here. We mainly just want to see what you have tried so far and that you have put some effort into the problem. I would also suggest checking out this thread for some guidelines on smart posting behavior that can help you get answers that are better much more quickly.[/QUOTE]