sampling distribution question help.

georg

New Member
#1
"Mendel’s laws of inheritance indicate that individuals in a second-generation cross have a 75% chance of carrying a dominant trait and a 25% chance of carrying a recessive trait. Inheritance occurs independently in each individual. What is the sampling distribution of the proportion of recessive-traits in a second-generation cross yielding 500 individuals?"

how do i answer this question? i don't want someone to answer it for me but i want to know how i would approach this question.
thanks :)
 

rogojel

TS Contributor
#2
hi,
this basically says that you are running 500 independent experiments, where for each experiment the probaility of success is 0,25.
You need to find a model that describes this situation and just apply it.

regards
rogojel