Score

bugman

Super Moderator
Great gift Dason!

It really is an awesome book. Though some of the best graphs are stunning (i.e. Napoleons advance) I am equally intrigued by how bad some of them are :D

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I am equally intrigued by how bad some of them are :D
Indeed! Although I'm also intrigued by how bad some graphics are that make it to print...

I saw a graph in my university's paper the other day that literally conveyed no information to the reader. At first glance it gave the impression that they were summarizing some data but upon further inspection one came to the realization that nothing of value could be obtained from the graphic. I'll see if I can find it somewhere... it gave my friends and I a good laugh before class.

bugman

Super Moderator
Thanks for the feedback GM. But call me old fashioned, in a similar way that I prefer having cds to mp3's I prefer having the real deal with books - especially great ones like this. :)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Tufte's books are something that are really nice to have an actual physical copy of. They were created with print media in mind and it just works really well.

On top of that I don't have a kindle or an e-reader or anything like that so to read pdfs I just got my laptop. I find it difficult to read pdfs for hours on end on my computer whereas sitting down and enjoying a book is something that I can do for hours on end (if I have the time...)