T test with unequal sample sizes

Hi there,

I need to compare if the mean of my sample (n=74) is significantly different from the mean of the standardization sample (n=300) (the one that comes in the manual for the measure I am using). I only have the mean, SD, and sample size information for the standardization sample.
what statistic method can I use?
Can I use an independent sample t test?
how do I know if the 2 groups have unequal variance?

Thank you!


TS Contributor
Search for a statistical online calculator which lets you perform
a Welch test by putting in n, mean and SD for each group.

With kind regards