Using HLM7 Student for a 3-level diary study

flow

Hi there,

I'm new at using the statistics program HLM7 for Students, and I wonder if someone could help me.

I've conducted a longitudinal diary study. It lasted 5 days, in which participants had to fill a different questionnaire three times a day. The questionnaries were different for each moment of the day (morning, afternoon and evening) but were the same across the days. So, in other words, each participant has filled 5 times the same morning questionnaire, 5 times the same afternoon questionnaire and 5 times the same evening questionnaire, doing this during 5 consecutive days.

I'm trying to use HLM7 for Students in order to analyse these data. But I don't know how to do it, because I think I should use a 3-level HMLM (hierarchical multivariate linear model) design, but I couldn't find that desing in the manual of the program. I would like to use a 3-level design because the most general level would be the participant, then the next specific level would be the particupar day, and finally the most specific level would be the moment of the day.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Thank you very much in advance,

Kind regards,

Rocio