Who makes the best COFFEE?

SadieKhan

TS Contributor
I have been doing a lot of things lately, it is 5 am right now here and I am still working on an assignment, other than that I am trying (not trying but as a matter of fact) to open up a coffee shop. All the work has been done other than finding a barista.So , while refining my other skills I am turning into a self taught barista.:yup:
As coffee goes hand in hand with nerdiness:p IMHO.I was just thinking who thinks that he makes the best cappuccino here? which brand of beans, grinders, and coffee machine you guys use at home?
For me I am using Haraaz (Arabica), grinder is Black and Decker`s(which suc*s big time btw) and de longhi semi commercial machine at home.

So, whats your secret?:p

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I won't claim to be the best but I do enjoy a good cup of coffee. Nothing fancy; I just like mine black.

What type of grinder is it? A blade grinder or a burr grinder?

SadieKhan

TS Contributor
I won't claim to be the best but I do enjoy a good cup of coffee. Nothing fancy; I just like mine black.

What type of grinder is it? A blade grinder or a burr grinder?
The black and decker one is burr grinder, but I have a cheap machine, called Geepas, it is coffee grinder cum food processor :p
But it works fine.As I recently found out that what should be the fineness of the grind.
SO you use star bucks coffee?

SadieKhan

TS Contributor
Wonder if they ship to Pakistan, I am all for trying out other brands, as I want "THE BEST" for my coffee shop.
A friend brought some coffee from Germany along with the delongi coffee machine, and it was awesome, very smooth not bitter, great aroma, perfect creme but sadly I couldnt find any whole sellers:|

My vote is for Peet's coffee. It's a US West Coast company that makes such good coffee. As for buying in the supermarket, I have recently learned that Seatlle's Best (owned by Starbucks) beats the pants off of Starbucks coffee.

SadieKhan

TS Contributor
Nice! They give 10/10 to a cafe nearby my uni that I've never been to - I better pay it a visit :)

Sadie - the Pakistan cricket team are here for a tour in Jan, good chance for you to check out the coffee and the cricket!
Only if I had a lot of money:(, I am spending all what I have to start up my coffee shop.
Cowboy, I lost interest in cricket after all those match fixing scandals.:eek:

SadieKhan

TS Contributor
I am working with the milk for latte art these days, not much improvement yet, but I will get there.
Milk doesnt get silky wet paint type, but it has got something to do with the pitcher, machine and my technique.
I have to buy a cafelate pitcher today.:)

CB

Super Moderator
Cowboy, I lost interest in cricket after all those match fixing scandals.:eek:
Sorry to hear that. I've always enjoyed watching Pakistan play, but there has definitely been an awful lot of background controversy over the last few years! Hopefully things will sort themselves out. :)

bugman

Super Moderator
Coffee, Cricket, Statistics. The perfect forum:D

Hey CB, which coffee place was the 10/10? - and yes, you had better get down there!